Privacy notice – myheartisunique.com
At Philips we believe that every heart is unique, which is why we would like to take a personal approach. The My Heart is Unique platform is an informative website that aims to help you make healthier choices and develop healthier habits. You can show the world what fills your unique heart and show it on the website using #myheartisunique.
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data of consumers that is collected or used by Koninklijke Philips N.V. or its affiliates or subsidiaries (Philips).
This privacy notice describes:
- What personal data is processed by Philips when you make use of myheartisqunique.com;
- For what purposes your personal data is used;
- How your personal data is accessed; and
- For how long your personal data is stored.
- Also, we will describe how you can have control over your personal data.
If you have any questions or comments about this privacy notice, please contact us at: Privacy@Philips.com
Please note that this privacy notice is based upon Philips Privacy Rules for Customer, Supplier and Business Partner Data.If there are any contradictions between this privacy notice and the Privacy Rules, then the Privacy Rules will have to be given priority.
IN SHORTER TERMS: We highly value privacy at Philips. Therefore, please read our privacy notice carefully.
What personal data do we process during your usage of the myheartisunique.complatform?
- The articles, pictures and videos that you see in articles on myheartisunique.com can be shared via social media partners by means of the sharing buttons
- The unique heart collages created using the heart generator uses pictures from your personal Facebook account and can be shared however you prefer. Using #myheartisunique will show your unique heart on www.myheartisunique.com
- Your public posts, comments, etc. placed with the #myheartisunique will be shown on www.myheartisunique.com
- Cookies from the social media partners are used to enable these buttons to function, so that they recognize you when you wish to share content. These social media partners may also collect your personal data for their own purposes. For more information please look at our Cookie notice.
In SHORTER terms:We process your public comments, likes and shares on www.myheartisunique.com
Why do we need to process your personal data?
- To facilitate myheartisunique.com
- So you can share interesting content from myheartisunique.com
- So we can prioritize content based on your preferences
- So you can generate your own unique heart collage by selecting pictures from your Facebook account
- So we can show you public posts, comments, etc. placed with the #myheartisunique
- To edit inappropriate and/or unlawful content based on our moderation policy.
IN SHORTER Terms:We need your personal data so that you can enjoy the best experience on myheartisunique.com.
Who can access my personal data?
- Only officially registered administrators of the social media partners may have access to your personal data on a need-to-know basis
- For any other purpose, Philips will not disclose your personal data unless we have your prior permission or when we are required by law to do so.
In SHORTER terms: myheartisunique.com is a public platform, so everybody can see what you have shared using the hashtag: #myheartisunique. We will never share your information for other purposes than mentioned in this privacy notice or in the terms & conditions.
How can I control my personal data?
- You can request removal or update of your posts from the stream on myheartisunique.com via: email@example.com
- If you would like to remove your unique heart from your personal social media account please do so via the social media partner involved (Twitter, Instagram). Philips does not have access to your personal account at the social media partners
- You also have the right to receive an overview of the information that we hold of you. Please send a request per email to: Privacy@Philips.com
- We shall inform you within 4 weeks after receiving your requests of our position with regard to your request and if any actions will or have been taken in response.
In SHORTER terms: You can update, access or delete your data in your Future of Health Index account or send us an email at Privacy@Philips.com with your privacy request.
For how long will my personal data be stored and why?
- The filtered content based on the health questions shown to you on myheartisunique.comwill be only be processed for the single session you are onmyheartisunique.com and will not be stored/retained after this single session
- Posts, comments, and other interactions with the social media partners will be stored according to the privacy notice of the particular social media partner
- When you request your data to be deleted, we will ensure your data is deleted within 4 weeks and/or that your comments are anonymized.
In SHORTER terms: We will ensure your data will no longer be stored than is necessary for the purpose of using myheartisunique.com.
Where is my personal data processed?
- Philips processes your pictures, comments and shares in the Netherlands and Ireland
- Please take a close look at the privacy notices of the Social Media partners to see where they store their personal data.
In SHORTER terms: Philips processes your data in the Netherlands and in Ireland and take a close lookat the privacy notices of the Social Media partners to see where they store their personal data
How is my personal data secured?
- Philips is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
In SHORTER terms: We will do our best to keep your data secured
Special information for parents
- While myheartisunique.com is generally not targeted at children under the age of 16, it is Philips' policy to comply with the law when it requires parent or guardian permission before children's information is collected, used or disclosed
- Philips strongly recommends that parents take an active role in supervising the online activities of their children. If you believe we have collected personal data from a person who is under the age of 16, please contact us at Privacy@Philips.com.
In SHORTER terms:We do not generally target children under the age of 16
Can this privacy notice be changed?
- We may revise this privacy notice from time to time. The most current version of the notice will govern our use of your personal data and will always be at http://www.myheartisunique.com/basics/privacy
- If we make a change to this notice that, in our sole discretion, is material, we will notify you via an update on myheartisunique.com. By continuing to access or make us of our services after those changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised privacy notice.
In SHORTER terms: If we change anything of real significance, we will update you on myheartisunique.com
Effective: September 26 2016, v1.0